Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Maggie Gyllenhal and the Great Haircut Debate

Wearing a floral printed jumpsuit with a long sheer grey cardigan and Dr.Scholls red exercise sandals and smelling pleasantly of roses, Maggie Gyllenhal came into the museum yesterday with her mom and daughter.   It just so happened that I had a book and a pen on me so as she exited the gallery I asked if she could sign it and she did!! As she autographed my book, I recommended an exhibit downstairs to her daughter who has inherited the sparkling blue Gyllenhal eyes. .

What Maggie Wore From My Shopstyle:


Though I've always loved Maggie's retro hipster look, it was her haircut that struck a chord in me.  Her breezy finger-waved tendrils grazed her collarbone a la Hollywood flapper movie star.  It was so simple and chic, yet different and very edgy.  I've been debating doing something with my hair I just can't figure out if I want a sophisticated 'lob' aka long-bob; it would be very grown up and lady-like, sexy yet sophisticated.  Or beachy highlights to my already long hair (clue: my hair is SUPER dark right now so it would be a change); I would want them to be all over and thin like how Audrey had them as Holly in Breakfast at Tiffany's or like  the Victoria's Secret models wear with glowing skin. What to do ??
                               Here are some ideas and inspirations, let me know what you think...

If I go with the Alessandra look I will definitely need to tan more!





I've always loved Holly's chic updo with the happy highlights.  She has very fair skin like me so I would go for that tone as well. (Thank you FabAudrey)







The Gwyneth: Sexy, fresh, edgy and polished  - it would be very becoming...   (Thank you Hairfits)
I think Anne Hathaway's hair looks very classic and sophisticated here.  I would wear shift dresses and big shades all the time!
Heidi's Hair is a bit shorter than I wanted to go but I am half tempted to go that short...eek!
Love Minka's color!  She's my fav brunette because she has brown hair and brown eyes like me and she proves that that isn't boring at all!!
Camilla Bell rocks waves and shorter length!
I REALLY like Cameron Diaz's hair in this pic.  It is the exact length - I wasn't planning on bangs but if I decided to get them I would get the soft sideswept ones like she has.
OR.....Sultry Bombshell hair like my girls Adriana Lima and Lily Aldridge.
I can't decide.  I feel like it would be logical to cut it for the Summer and then don't touch it, that way come fall, I will have a healthy head of hair ready to change color just as the leaves do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...