Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What Do 'Avant' to Wear??

I went party shopping today!! Theme is black (of course) with subtle splashes of color, think shiny black table cloths with multicolored plastic cups and Funfetti Cupcakes!! There will also be a little station where I'm going to put  markers, crayons, stickers, and multicolored paper to make goodbye cards for my friend!  Hopefully everyone is taking the dress code seriously, because if they do, this is going to be The Mad Tea Party gone Studio 54 and I'm so okay with that, in fact I believe such a look has appeared in a few lines this Spring:   
Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs  

Prada



Prada
Chanel    
Chanel
As the hostess I am going for over-the-top yet timeless.  I have chosen to wear a very tight fitted black dress with a feather hemline, this is something kind of like it only the neckline on mine is straight across, but the runching and the feather is just like it:
  

I wear to accessorize this dress with a small pillbox hat-like hat with preferably with a veil. Like this:

And then my makeup is going to be real dark and film-noir looking.  This is where I will attempt my first Cupid's Bow lip and very very dark eyes:
I love how light her skin is too. I want my skin to look like porcelain! I found this tutorial on how to do 1920's makeup.This girl had my favorite style of eyeshadow and I like how it's silent because then it deters from any confusing instructions!


    Ugh!  So excited for this party!!! Hope you all have fun memorial day weekend coming up!  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...